INTERNATIONAL DANCE ASSOCIATION
SAN DIEGO COUNTY
JOIN US IN THE FUN OF DANCING!
The International Dance Association of San Diego County is a
non-profit organization sponsored by the San Diego Park and Recreation
Department, and is dedicated to promoting and encouraging dancing as a social
recreation for the public.
IDA Member Clubs
The member clubs listed in this brochure are proud to be part
of the many activities available in Balboa Park. We encourage you to attend a
class, enjoy fun, easy and inexpensive exercise, meet new friends, and take
advantage of the wonderful facilities of Balboa Park. Classes are available for
beginner and experienced dancers and all clubs welcome new dancers.
Partners are not needed; singles and couples are welcome.
Balboa Park Dancers - Ballroom Dancing
- Classes in waltz, foxtrot, tango, cha-cha, swing & other
ballroom and social dances (15 dances in total taught).
- Friday, 6:45-9:45 p.m. & Sunday, 6:45-9:30 p.m., Balboa
- Admission: $3.00 for members, $5.00 for non-members. $20
annual membership fee.
- Free party night each month for members /
$5.00 for non-members.
- Teachers: John Nagel, Stephen Showers,
Kurt Popp, Instructor Emeritus, David Kessler.
- INFORMATION: 619-685-3659.
Bon Temps Social Club Cajun & Zydeco Dancers
- Teaching and enjoying Cajun and Zydeco dancing as done in
Louisiana, Texas and the world!
- 2nd Saturdays we're normally at the War Memorial Building
with a live band (subject to different room).
Event is from 6:30-10:30pm. Price TBA. Jazz 88.3 and BTSC members (must show ID).
1/2 off for first time. $10 normal fee, $5 first time.
- Tuesday night at Tio Leo's. Lesson from 6:45 - 7:30 p.m., open
dancing from 7:30 - 10:00 p.m. Cover charge. Live band normall fee
$10.00. First time 1/2 off.
Intermediate/advanced workshops offered periodically.
Please check our website (www.icajunzydeco.com)
for current dance schedule.
Cabrillo International Folk Dancers
- Classes offered each Tuesday in the Balboa Park Club
teaching folk dances from all over the world.
- Beginner level 7 to 8, review and more advanced levels
until 9:30 p.m.
$2.00/members, $2.50/non-members, FREE first time.
- Teachers: Georgina Sham 858-459-1336.
- INFORMATION: John Anthony 858-755-7237,
Kayso Folk Dancers
- International Folk dances taught at all levels.
- Friday, 9:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m., Casa del Prado, Rm. 206, Balboa
- Teacher: Joe Sigona 619-463-7529.
- INFORMATION: Jerry Waddell 619-479-8015.
Moreton Bay Fig Morris Dancers
- Morris (festival & ritual English) dancing with Moreton
Bay Fig Morris. Beginners & musicians welcome.
- Tuesday, 7:30-9 p.m., War Memorial Building, Balboa Park.
Listen for the sound of bells!
- INFORMATION: Jimmy,
Performing Folk Dancers of Balboa Park
Dedicated to the promotion and
preservation of International folk dancing.
Performance Rehearsals Wednesdays 7 - 10 p.m., Recital
Hall, Balboa Park.
Pride of Erin Irish Ceili Dancers
- Irish céilí and set dancing.
- Wednesdays, 7-9 p.m., Casa del Prado, Rooms 204 and 203, Balboa
$2 per person or $5 per family.
No previous experience necessary!
- Performing group available.
- INFORMATION: 619-584-4698
Reels and Squares, Traditional and Old Time
Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
- Traditional social dancing of Scotland taught at all
- Mondays 7:30pm-9:30pm. Casa Del Prado Room 203. Beginner class
starting 7/7/2015. Info - call 858-592-8871.
- Tuesday, social class - 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. 13242 Pomerado Rd., Poway, CA 92064.
Info - call 858-432-4319.
Friday Technique 7:15 - 8:00 p.m., Social 8:00 - 9:30 p.m. Casa del Prado,
Class schedules may vary. Please call or check website for
- INFORMATION: 619-275-2375, 858-699-0994 or
- Website: http://www.RSCDS-SanDiego.Org
San Diego Folk Dancers
- International Kolo dances with ongoing teaching.
- Monday, 7:30-9:00 p.m., Balboa Park Club
+ War Memorial Building.
- $2 donation. First visit free.
- Teacher: Kin Ho.
- INFORMATION: Jean 858-278-4619 or email@example.com.
San Diego International Folk Dance Club
- Family friendly international folk dances. All ages. No partners
- Wednesday, 7:15-9:30 p.m., Balboa
Park Club + War Memorial Building.
- $2.00/members & associates, $2.50/
visitors. First visit free.
- Teacher: Kin Ho.
- INFORMATION: Milly
619-294-4081, Jean 858-278-4619 or
San Diego 'N' Line Dancers
- Line Dancing for all ages. Classes are available throughout the County.
- A Dance/Social with open dancing is held (usually) the last Saturday
of each month from 5:30 - 9:30 at the Balboa Park Recital Hall.
- Second Sunday Intermediate Workshop - 5:30 - 8:30 at the War Memorial
Building in Balboa Park.
- Third Sunday Improver Workshop - 6:00 - 8:30 at the War Memorial
Building in Balboa Park.
- All events: $5.00 for Guests/$4.00 for Members.
- Please check
http://www.sdnld.org/index.html?Page=Socials%20/%20Workshops for current
- INFORMATION: 619-259-0290.
- Web: www.sdnld.org
Waltz & Such Vintage Social Dancing
Vintage social (ballroom) dancing from the 1840s through the 1950s.
- All ages and skill levels welcome. No partner needed.
7:15 - 9:45. Casa del Prado, Room 207.
http://waltznsuch.org for details and
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Sunday Afternoon Folk Dancing
International Ethnic Folk Dancing
Sundays in the Balboa Park Club Bldg. 12:30 -
Admission is FREE. Singles & couples welcome.
Sunday events are open to dancers and spectators.
The programs consist of couple dances, line dances and mixers.
Join us for some dancing or come and watch the fun!
Sunday programs are hosted alternately by
Cabrillo International Folk Dancers,
Kayso Folk Dancers,
San Diego Folk Dancers,
San Diego International Folk Dance Club.
For information contact Anne Marsh 619-422-1584,
email@example.com or Jean Cate
Upcoming Special Events
International Harvest Festival
Dance Lessons. Dance Performances. Arts & Crafts Vendors. Food & Drinks
Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27 from 12:30 - 4:45 p.m.
Balboa Park Club
For further INFORMATION on any of these
clubs or events, contact:
Jerry Waddell, IDA President 619-479-8015
Anne Marsh, IDA's Balboa Park Liaison 619-422-1584
Email To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments on this website can be sent to email@example.com